Friday, May 25, 2012

The Intersection of Opportunity

I am standing at the intersection of opportunity and I am frozen.
Is it fear? Yes, I'll be honest and swallow that one.

My heart is pounding out beats along this road and I am searching.
Prayers are going up,
I have what I need.
The rest is up to me.

I desire this opportunity, 
want it completely.
But, I don't know which road to take.

I am frozen in the blessing of opportunities and fear is threatening to steal it.
I know God is with me wherever I go, 
then why is this choice so hard?

There is much I want to do.
To see.
All are the right choice.
Which do I take beats loud my heart.

Fear can no longer be a companion on this road, 
no longer a back seat driver on this journey to opportunity.
No, it must go!

The lights I know will soon turn and flash green to go.
I know when it does,
HE will be there with me.

Can't HE just paint the answer in the sky?
No, not this time.
It must be a leap.
A leaf of faith.

So I find myself standing at the intersection of opportunity.

What intersections are you standing at right now?



Joining at The Gypsy Mama and friends for Five Minute Friday.
Writing for 5 minutes without edits.



By His Grace,
Cole

4 comments:

  1. Lovely and thoughtful post. I am not a writer, but that read like a poem to me. I am VERY green to the blogging world, but I can't wait to browse the rest of yours. And as you said, all are the right choice. The one you pick is the right choice. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the leap of faith! I just came from a study in which the closing thought was Isaiah 41:10. God will guide us. We must trust Him.

    I think even if we make the wrong decisions sometimes--perhaps from a skewed perspective or a misunderstanding of facts--the step of faith leads in the right direction: a closer walk with God. The closer we get to Him, the more clearly we hear His voice, and the more perfectly we discern His will.

    Let's keep stepping forward!

    ~Sheila :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Cole, saying a prayer for you! Sometimes He is quiet and requires you to step out (leap out!) in faith. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Christine for your prayers and friendship!! Sorry replying so late. ;)

    Love ya friend!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...