Thursday, August 16, 2012

Stretch...{Five Minute Friday}



I breathe deep, look into the reflection of my mothers eyes, as tears fall.
And I just know...
this moment is good.
BUT,
there is something more.


Something that I will have to wait for.
This place, this now, is going to stretch me.
Stretch me in ways I don't even know yet.


Stretch me in the hard...
Stretch me in the good...
Stretch me in the waiting and the living...
And I'm both scared and excited.


I stretch...
 ...for the dreams that lie in my heart.
...in this place that God has me.
...and still yearn for that something more.


Something that I know is there...
But as those tears fall,
going to have to wait for a little while longer.

STOP



By His Grace and Hope,
Nicole Marie

Letting the words flow across the screen, seeing the story that will unfold...
Sharing thoughts on the word Stretch, tonight.
Joining Lisa-Jo  and friends here:


Five Minute Friday

14 comments:

  1. NIcole Marie, your beautiful heart of surrender, of faithful waiting, in the midst of the hard stuff, gives me courage. Thank you. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. A "stretching" road it is...to surrender. Hard, and beautiful along the way. You are welcome. Thank you for your sweet words, a blessing you are!

      Delete
  2. Yes, indeed, Cole, stretching and waiting for all things in His perfect time... praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend!! I am definitely feeling the "stretch," in this waiting. Love ya!

      Delete
  3. Oh my heart...I'd squeeze your neck if I could, girl.
    This was a beautiful and all together glorious write.
    So blessed by you!
    (Prayed for you. just now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement Nikki! You are a dear friend!!

      Delete
  4. Words that echo to my heart. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Pam. You could say we are "echoing soul sisters." :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Cole. Yes, we all are aiming for something more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole...so love this and your post on trust as well! Sometimes the waiting place can feel so lonely. Touched my heart today that although we may be waiting for different things, we are together in that space. Thanks so much for sharing! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Wendy, Yes! It can be so lonely in those waiting places. Standing with you in that place as you wait. You are a blessing!!

      Delete
  7. Bless you for this touching post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, stretching is hard AND good . . . and amazing how God grows us through it!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...