Friday, August 10, 2012

Beauty and connect...at the heart of every girl

Slowing my mind and allowing my soul to breathe in this wee early morning.
So early, my head earns for rest upon the soft, gray pillow now supporting my back.
Dreams only a thought in my mind.

Instead,
Words are spilling out onto the page.
No editing, no worrying if I have it just right or not.

And, go...

At the heart of every girl, no matter the age,
is the deep desire to feel, connect.

To know:

She is wanted.
She is loved.
She is beautiful.

Beautiful is what she wants to feel, drink deeply of.
The beauty that only comes from deep with in.

The beauty of being wanted.
The beauty of being loved for who she is, all of her.
All of her past, her present, and all of what the future holds.

Where is the connect?
For the beauty that seems so far away...
The beauty hidden...
the beauty masked in the pains of life, trials fought...
 For the beauty that comes from deep with in.
Deep within the heart...

Might it begin here,
found within the pages of a legacy.
Pages that breathe truth.

Let the king be enthralled by your beauty...
Psalm 45:11a NIV 

STOP

What are some of your favorite verses on beauty?


By His Grace and Hope,
Nicole Marie 


Sharing my thoughts on the word connect, and realizing, tonight...
the words searched me out.
Joining Lisa-Jo  and friends here:



Five Minute Friday

9 comments:

  1. i enjoyed reading your post cole. interesting take on the word:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. I had no idea what was going to come out on this one, then the words just started pouring. Guess you could say this is close to my heart right now and one I'm personally walking and looking to God for. Blessings!

      Delete
  2. I think it's sad that although the beauty and connectedness you speak of is exactly what women desire, many search for it in the wrong ways and places. There is only One in whom we can find our beauty and connectedness. You expressed it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. Yes! There are "draws" that can and do get us off the course of true beauty, I know it's happened to me before, and where we look to find that beauty. So amazing to know we have the One who is our constant in it! Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Cole,
    Beauty is found here. You brought it here to these pages! Your words ring true. I long for those true connections. Geesh, why do I feel as if I have less and less as I get older? Maybe I'm just getting picky.

    Happy Friday, lady. Hope the weekend is full of loads of connections and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh friend, you blessed my heart with those words...thank you. I long for those connections too! Thank you and I hope your weekend is full as well! Blessings!

      Delete
  4. My favorite verses that speak of beauty?

    "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
    because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated;they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim and Richelle, I love those verses. So beautiful that God can and does bestow beauty on the broken. I needed to hear those verses. You just ministered to my heart. Blessings!

      Delete
  5. Thank you Denise! May you have a beauty filled weekend! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...