Thursday, August 30, 2012

Change...


Spilling words out onto the page.
No editing, no worrying if I have it just right or not.
Writing for five minutes with friends.

And, go...



Change...

I am in the midst of change.
Smack-dab in the middle of the ocean, change.
The kind of change that requires "getting out of the boat."

I was here once before.
Frozen.
Scared.
Afraid to move.

But since that time,
God has placed circumstances,
people,
and learning into my life in such a way that...

Causes growth.

Growth to see that God is always with me.
He will never leave nor forsake.
That through this change,
He is there.

What's it going to take?

Getting out of the boat.
Walking with my eyes and heart focused on Christ.
Because,
you see...

I'm done with looking at the waves.
I'm done with sitting in the boat, looking out over the ocean...

It's time for a change and I'm stepping out.

Let's go God.
Things are happening, and they are good!

I know you got this.
I know you got me!

I can't wait to see what you have in store for me!

---Stop---

By His Grace and Hope,

Nicole Marie



Letting the words flow across the screen, seeing the story that will unfold...
Sharing thoughts on the word Stretch, tonight.
Joining Lisa-Jo  and friends here:
Five Minute Friday

19 comments:

  1. I love the "get out of the boat" reference. What courage that takes! Excited for you and your heart and where God is leading you into this next change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Ann. Courage indeed! Some days it is stronger than others. But, I'm ready.

      Delete
  2. WOW this is beautiful! I'm ready to get out of the boat. Let's do it girl - - -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Praying for you friend, in your getting out of the boat too!

      Delete
  3. LOVED this . . . I can SO relate - and how often "I" have only looked at the waves! Beautifully written!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so easy to watch the waves, for me to watch the waves, and worry. thank you!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this.....love it. You and I are so kindred...
    my heart palpitates just thinking about it, but yes. I'm with you. Let's not look down, but step out with our eyes focused on Him...We won't sink. We'll just grow closer....

    Happy Friday to you, friend. Thanks for staying up with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely a kindred friend, Niki. I am so thankful for you! Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and friendship!

      Delete
  5. Oh yes...I love this. love it. You and I are so kindred.
    My heart starts palpitating just thinking about this, but I'm with you. Let's not look down but keep focused on Him. We won't sink, we'll just grow closer...

    Happy Friday to you! Thanks for staying up late with me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it!! It's so scary to get out of the boat, but THAT is what makes it an adventure. And then we start growing like crazy, throwing caution to the wind and letting Jesus step in and be the driver. We go places we've never been, never even considered and we are blessed.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! On the scary and adventure part! I love that, let Jesus step in and be the driver. I do like to drive. ;)

      Delete
  7. LOVE THIS. Right there with you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Lets go, God! That ought to be our anthem, yes? Praying He continues to strengthen you for the next step, every new day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris! I am still so amazed at how God brought our friendship to be! Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  9. I would love to see this on a poster, hanging within eye sight as I work here at my desk. Such lovely words, so quickly...

    This is my first time visiting from Five Minute Friday. I am so glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Julie! So thankful you stopped by! You give me a great idea about that poster. Blessings, Friend!

      Delete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...