Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wide and full of Grace...



12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:12-14 NIV 

...That is the verse she gave me tonight...
A verse aptly spoken, wide and full of the grace of God.
Grace that covered and flowed over my heart and soul.

Wide with promise and hope of what is to come.
Even when I can't see it, nor know what it will be, it is wide with promise.

To forget what is behind me,
reach forward to what lies ahead,
press on towards the goal.

The goal of Christ Jesus.

But, I must step.
I must act.
I must make a choice.

He's there right beside me.
And, He's there beside you too.

...with arms open wide.

I will keep on the journey.
I will trust He is there, working behind the scenes even when I can't "see" Him.

 Wide with Grace.
Wide with Promise.
Wide with Hope.


By His Grace and Hope,

Nicole Marie


Spilling words out onto the page.
No editing, no worrying if I have it just right or not.
Writing for five minutes with friends. 
Kindred friends who are a sweet blessing. 

 
Letting the words flow across the screen, seeing the story that will unfold...
Sharing thoughts on the word Wide, tonight.
Joining Lisa-Jo  and friends here:



Five Minute Friday

15 comments:

  1. Wide with grace, wide with promise, wide with hope! Love it. Be blessed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this: "I will keep on the journey.
    I will trust He is there, working behind the scenes even when I can't "see" Him. Wide with Grace. Wide with Promise. Wide with Hope." What a beautiful post, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefanie! You are a blessing, friend! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. Hey #fmfparty sister! I pray that all my goals are His goals and not mine. And I'm thankful that even when I follow mine instead of His, He's STILL right there beside me! :)

    Praying you're feeling better this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers Mindy. I am feeling better than what I was! I love what you said about His goals being mine. Oh, the grace He gives us!

      Delete
  4. Been holding to that verse myself right now. God brought it back in front of me just this week, and continues to put it in front of me day after day, sometimes - like today - multiple times. I don't need to dwell on the past. I need to move forward toward Him. He has brought me into a wide open space, and I need to quit looking back toward where I have been. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome Nancy! A friend literally passed that verse on to my just hours before writing that post. Amazing the Grace God gives isn't it? Trusting, and joining you in this journey of looking ahead!! Blessings!

      Delete
  5. Nicole, your words encourage me so, so very much!

    "He's there right beside me.
    And, He's there beside you too.
    ...with arms open wide..."

    #Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsey! It's all by His Grace. Thank you friend for sharing those words. Joining you in this journey! Blessings friend!

      Delete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...