Friday, March 2, 2012

Ache...{Five Minute Friday}

Limping up the front porch I look back.
I look back at this crazy, wild journey of blessings and heartache.
And it takes all my strength to lift the tight, sore muscles of my legs up one more step.

Retraining my body for God’s glory not the approval of others.
Leaning into His grace and strength that can only carry a body miles on end
through the Kansas winds that push back.

The growth of sleeping muscles coming back to life colliding head-on
with dreams deferred.

Not my strength.
Not my will.
But His in me.


His Word will not return empty.
His Word is as alive as the breathes you take right now…
His Word…

I can do all things through Christ Jesus He who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

By His Grace,
Cole


It's been a few weeks of no rest but so blessed.
A busy season of State Assessments, meetings, Sub-state basketball, and teaching the kiddos God has entrusted to me. 
I've missed you...

How have you been?




8 comments:

  1. Beautifully written . . . and the great reminder of HIS strength we need esp during the aches of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful . . . so true! Great words of truth and wisdom you have shared. And can I add, what a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that kind of ache! The soul feels better, but the body sure can take a beating! Good words:)

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your kind words. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! By His grace we can do all things. "Not my strength, Not my will. But in His." Beautiful words this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post. Beautifully written. And awesome that you have such great faith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to limp along with you. It's been awhile since I've deliberately gone for a walk and whatnot. Keep on keeping on. And, I'll start soon. :-)

    {I'm slowing going through all the entries at The Gypsy Mama.}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this...Not my strength. Not my will.But His in me.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by Simply Created by Cole. I love this space for conversation and community. Won't you join us on this journey?!{Please keep this space honoring to God and to those who visit, thank you.} Love, Cole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...